About Notes on & extracts from ‘Record of Yoga’ of Sri Aurobindo
This is a notes added extract from Sri Aurobindo’s work ‘Record of Yoga’.
The original book has about 1515 pages. In this, I have extracted & added notes to the following:
- Sapta Chatusthaya with their explanations. It gives an excellent way of progressing to the aspirant yogi. It also contains some interesting explanation of concepts of chaturvarna.
- Yogic Sadhan: A beautiful & very informative writing on the theory & practice of true Yoga;
- An informative discussion on ‘Evolutionary Scale’
- A few miscellaneous topics related to yoga and
- Some simple examples of Ashtasiddhi from his diary. The value add to the extracts by way of my notes is highlighting/underlining important sentences, adding topic titles within Paragraphs & chapters, in-line meanings of some words, important points listed as bullets etc. It is hoped all this will make the reading & understanding easier.
Their reading and understanding would be a great help to vedantins/yogis and those who want to do sadhana.
Any feedback is welcome.
G H Visweswara
To receive a free copy of this document as a PDF for your study please send a request email to me. (63 A4 Pages, 915 KB)